Friday, August 9, 2013

Splishy Splashy-


 On Thursday Abby took off work so we could spend my last day in Lexington together. The whole week our plan had been to take the kids to Southland pool, but as fate would have it that morning the skies opened up and it poured. Jes was planning to join us so we all just kept texting and watching the radar while crossing our fingers it would work out because the kids were really looking forward to it. Thankfully the weather held out and we were able to spend a fun afternoon at the pool. 
My girls were all about the froggy slide and clearly Avery was also about introducing her knees to the pavement too :( 
 The lifeguards fixed her sweet knees right up and she was right back at it! 
Adalyn is what I would refer to as a cautious child - I can't tell you how long she watched my girls go down this slide in all sorts of directions before she finally decided to give it a try.

 Once she went down - she was hooked. I foresee my girls convincing her to do all kinds of things in our future (hopefully all good and wholesome things of course ;). 
These two became big buddies while we were visiting. Sweet friends!
My friend Janet was able to join us with her two boys and I was so incredibly happy to see them and get to spend time with them. Janet and I mis-communicated about my travel plans and unfortunately this was our only time spent together while I was there. There's going to be a next time and for now I'm just grateful for the time we got because our kiddos love each other! I had to stroll down memory lane again because I just can't seem to help myself. Here are Kennedy and Hayden in 2011.
 

and now - why do our babies have to grow up?

Look at Hudson and Avery in 2011!!!
 
and now - oh my! 
Oh we miss the sweet Brock family and their two boys so very much!!!

I'm glad Janet thought to bring her camera because she snapped some sweet pics! 

Such a fun day at the pool with friends.
 
A trip to the pool can wear some girlies out! 


Our last night at the Burns' we decided to get a kid pic and lined them all up in age order. I'm not sure what they are all looking at in this picture, but how cute are all their sweet little expressions? 

BFF's! 

Adalyn made us these sweet little welcome signs for our stay there and I thought they were so precious I took a picture of them. Hopefully it won't be too long before we are back for another visit! 

Friday before we left Lexington, we met Courtney for lunch and picked up a book on CD before we made the drive to Western KY to see some of my college girlfriends. I've missed Courtney more than I can say - our morning runs, aka therapy were such an awesome part of my day to day existence and it's been hard to recover from my Courtney running withdrawal. I'm happy to report that I'm now a regular at our local Y and although it's totally NOT THE SAME, it has helped. I was happy that while I was in Lexington we met up for several evening runs and I loved it! 
One evening the entire crew went: 
Another evening Court and I just took the babes and the girls all stayed with Aunt Abby: 
Sweet babies and good times! 
I love you dearly Court, Abby & Janet - miss you all more than words can say! Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. AWWW! Love these pictures. Made me cry. Love you!! We miss you all so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sniff...sniff* Can you come back and see us again now??? Please!!

    ReplyDelete