Saturday, March 19, 2011

They call me mellow yellow....

We are still fighting The Jaundice around here. I always find it super duper funny when people say things like "The Cancer" and "The Sugar Diabetes" instead of just straight up saying "Cancer" and/or "Diabetes". I enjoy it so much, in fact, that I am going to refer to Avery's current condition as The Jaundice.  Go with me....I need a little comic relief (trust me)!

We went back to the pediatrician yesterday to have her bilirubin level checked and it was the highest it's been. Our instructions from the pediatrician - supplement her with a bottle after each and every nursing and get her in the sunlight when we can. The silver lining: I've been pumping (sorry if that's TMI for any of you non-parental folks) so her bottles are predominately breast milk. I don't have any kind of formula prejudice or anything, but it's introducing something new which is nerve wracking because you don't know how new babies will handle the introduction of new things. Need I say more?

So far she's enjoying her bottles and it's giving other people the chance to have that snuggly intimate time with her.


It was so much fun having Janine here. She and I laughed and laughed and talked and talked and talked some more. It's amazing that our friendship is the result of talking one day after a step aerobics class in college. She has now witnessed the birth of Kennedy, had her own child and now has helped me with my second. It's a crazy beautiful thing and I am so thankful for it! I love that we are going through this parenting journey at the same time and can talk each other through the hard times associated with that as they come. It's just always nice to have someone say "been there, done that" - you know? Thanks for coming Neenie ~ I already miss you and can't wait until we can hang out again - it's hard to believe that it might be Keagan's first birthday when we make that happen (gasp!).

Thank heavens we've had some decent weather and I could follow the pediatrician's second set of instructions:


 Harley and Annie wanted the sunbathing to be a family affair:
 Today was Kennedy's last day of soccer (sniff....sniff). I regretfully share that currently she's just not that into it. Maybe one day she will enjoy it, but right now all she can talk about is how it's almost pool time. Whether she wants to play soccer in the future or not, she was pretty jazzed that she and her team mates were awarded with these sweet season-end trophy's:


No comments:

Post a Comment