Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally!

I think we've officially kicked The Jaundice folks! I'm a bit hesitant to get too excited, but Avery's gained 9 ounces since Friday and her bilirubin level is significantly lower than it was last week. We've been cleared of any heel pricking for at least two weeks when we go back for her next check up. They said to keep supplementing and putting her in the sunshine on these pretty days. I can handle that and so can she apparently:





This past weekend Courtney, Janine and I went to Orange Leaf. Since Janine used to live here she's heard lots about Orange Leaf and was anxious to try it out. It's pretty flippin' amazing if I do say so myself. Courtney was kind enough to babysit and give me a break to shove my face. For those who haven't been - I highly recommend the strawberry + cheesecake yogurts topped with fresh strawberries = INCREDIBLE!


We braved church as a family of four yesterday. I placed Avery snuggly in the sling and hoped for the best. She did wonderfully. It gave me some much needed confidence in taking her out and about and it was good for Kennedy to be back into part of our normal weekend routine. It was good for Mommy & Daddy too. We love our church family! Here's a picture of us girls dressed in our Sunday best afterwards (Aunt Neenie notice Kennedy's super fly kicks!).



We have been incredibly blessed by friends with meals since bringing Avery home. So blessed, in fact, that I can hardly put it into words. We just feel really thankful and humbled by the fact that people have wanted to take time out of their busy lives and schedules to love on us by bringing us a meal. Some friends that we don't get to see very often came over tonight and brought us supper. We had a great time catching up with Eric and Beth and the casserole they cooked us was delicious!



2 comments:

  1. Yay for weight gain!! She is so adorable laid out on her boppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect little family! Avery is SO cute and Kennedy looks like a proud big sister! You look fabulous, too. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete