Friday, July 26, 2013

Round 2

We enjoyed our strawberries so very much that we picked in May, we went back as a family early June to see if we could get some more. Tim had never picked strawberries before so he was excited to see what it was all about and of course the girls and I were thrilled to have him with us. 

Little did I know, the girls were going to be ALL ABOUT what was to be found at the strawberry patch. The thing they were most excited about wasn't the berries that were left, but the little berry patch inhabitants that had arrived since our last visit:

 These little bitty teenie tiny frogs: 
 I felt like Mrs. Frizzle on the Magic School Bus, because our entire lets get lots more berry picked mission turned into more of an impromptu little Biology lesson. We got more berries, but when I say we - what I mean is Tim and I. 

 If you really look, you'll see the tadpoles and between every row of strawberries were scenes just like this one: 
 Which meant - there were lots of frogs to be caught and played with tortured. 
 Look how cute they are! So little bitty...it makes you want to say "here little bitty sweet jumpy froggy....!". NO? Oh, maybe it's just me. I've no idea where they get their love of creatures. Ha! 

 See what I mean? ALL about the frogs! Some berry pickin' help these two were!
 Despite our "help" turned Jack Hanna and Bindi Irwin, we got the job done: 4 boxes more full of delicious berries for us to enjoy for months to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment