Wednesday, July 24, 2013

PA Part V: The finale!

As much as I'm happy to be moving on along in my blogging (Hi, it's almost August and I'm in May {insert sigh}) it's kinda sad to be wrapping up my awesome trip to PA. 

The Rearick's hosted a fun cookout while we were there and my girls had so much fun meeting and spending time with some of their extended family members. 

Getting the yard ready for company"
 They seriously spoiled her - she was about driving the "tractor".
 Dave is clearly a wee bit bigger than she is. 
 Before company arrived, we ran down to Chelsea's Grandpa's farm to check out some animals. This picture makes me smile. Oink, Oink.


After our little farm field trip it was time for the cookout!
Let the weenie roasting begin. 
 Avery took a liking to Eric - it was really sweet. 

 Until she climbed up in his lap in the front porch rockers and for some reason lost the ability to form words and therefore peed in his lap. True story. So embarrassing. Luckily, Eric was a super duper sport and got right over it. This picture was taken after "the incident" - I told him he passed his initiation. 

 The last activity on the girls' bucket list for our PA trip was playing in the creek, or "crick" as they say it up there. Chelsea happily obliged their desire so off we went to find a creek. 
 This happy girl says: "check and check"!
 Oh this sweet boy - he's just happy to be alive. 
 Seriously: this is why we call him Happy Jack!
 Of course I had to get in too - who doesn't love a dip in a creek?!
 Greyson even wanted in on the action: 
It was all fun and games until I slipped on a mossy rock with both babies in my arms on our way to wrap up our creek fun. Lemme set the scene: Kennedy happily jaunts out with Chelsea's assistance from the bank - Avery starts whining about wanting me to carry her and I already had Grey on one hip but I do like I always do and swooped her up onto my other hip. So...we headed toward the bank and I stepped on a rock that #1 Kennedy had already slipped on and #2 I kept telling her to steer clear of. Y'all, I  BIT.IT! So...there I lay with babies up in the air as far as I can push them while water rushes over me, soaking me to the bone and still zinging from my impact all while thinking "did.I.just.break.my.tailbone?" Eric and Chelsea jumped to my rescue and grabbed the kiddos while I tried to regain composure. Nice way to end our trip, right? All I was thinking was how awesome my tailbone was going to feel after our long trip back home the following day. 

I'm happy to report that I did not break my tailbone though I did bruise it pretty badly and three weeks out it was still hurting;). Silver lining: we have a funny story to tell about our last day in PA. 

2 comments:

  1. The peeing and falling stories...hilarious. Oh my. I was putting myself in your position and if Adalyn peed on someone I can't imagine what my reaction would be. I'm glad you're ok, but I kinda wish we had a video of your fall:) It looks like you had an amazing week! Their property is beautiful. I want to go vacation there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I snorted like three times in this blog post. And then had to run to pee. But I peed in the toilet, not on someone's leg. And way to go Eric for being such a good sport! Brownie points there!!

    ReplyDelete