Sunday, January 24, 2010

As promised....my thoughts on the other chapter....


The last chapter in this book entitled "I Have a Long Way to Go" was an incredible closing chapter. Immediately after reading the first sentence I thought to myself "now, this chapter would apply to anyone and everyone because I KNOW we've all been there at some point in time or another."
The chapter is basically about how we are all waiting on something....a baby, a better job, a bigger house, a move, a newer car, nicer furniture, to lose that last 10 lbs, etc. etc. etc. And we think to ourselves: "once xyz happens, we will have arrived - all will be well." Then....when it arrives and we aren't we wonder why or we think, "now I just need xyz to feel better, to take a deep breath or whatever the case may be".
Aughtmon describes it as follows: "Aha! This is it! Everything has fallen into place. Life is all that it is meant to be and I have become all I was ever meant to be!"
I mean - really!? Wouldn't we all love to feel that way and be able to utter those words?
She talks about how the devil loves that we doubt ourselves in all situations - doubt that we will ever get "there" to that place of contentment. In fact, he cheers us on in all ways possible - affirming in our minds that we just can't improve, can't be better and do better in all ares of our lives.
She goes on to give examples of how the devil is right - we can't improve and be better/do better alone. We can't exist apart from the One who gave us life. We NEED Jesus.
I love the scripture she uses to illustrate this need: "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me, you can do nothing." excerpt from John 15
The chapter goes on to encourage us and basically say we aren't alone in our walk, there is abundant grace and with perseverance we will one day be able to have "that moment" where the Lord says "well done my good and faithful servant".
Ahhhh....doesn't that sound ahhhmazing, encouraging, refreshing and just, well....INCREDIBLE????
I'm telling you - it's a good read people. You can get it here for only $1.40 - seriously? Glad I could share it with you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that book is awesome. Definately some things I needed to hear:) Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete