Monday, January 18, 2010

Anniversary Date and a special house guest

As you know, last Thursday was mine and Tim's 4th anniversary. He did something really neat as an anniversary gift. He gave me four days of flowers and each signified a year. Cool, huh? Getting flowers never gets old to a girl, does it? Without further ado....I present the flowers:

On Monday I received one Orchid. I have never had an orchid before and I am excited that I have one now! Isn't it so pretty?

On Tuesday I received two pansies. Aren't they cute?

On Wednesday I received Hyacinth - three stalks in one pot.

On Thursday I received these beautiful roses - 4 to be exact and they are gorgeous!


Tim took care of getting Sara Beth lined up to babysit for Kennedy and he and I went out for dinner and a movie. We went to Three Suns Bistro which is one of my favorite places but we don't eat there often because it can be pricey. It was delicous! We went to the movies after dinner and saw It's Complicated. The storyline - kinda crazy but it was super funny. It was nice just to go out and I don't know why we don't do it more often. Hopefully in 2010 we can prioritize our dating life a little better because we really had fun and we got to reflect some as well as talk about our future - it was nice!

Abby and Jonathan were out of town this weekend so we had a little visitor.

Here he is admiring how well Kennedy can line up her Little People. She isn't OCD at all is she? Wherever on earth did she get that from? Who knows! Ha! He was so good - just watching and not taking. It may have had to do with the fact that I pinned him down with a pillow the night prior to retreive a cat toy from his teetch while he growled at me=). I'm really not certain but I thought it was too stinkin' cute not to snap a picture!

She made sure to call out each item as if it were an attendance tracking of sorts. So funny!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed with Tim! That is so romantic!! What a great idea. I'm so glad you guys had a fun date night! If you ever need one, J and I are always up for babysitting little miss K:) She is so stinkin cute with those little people! LOL! I still can't believe Coda didn't take one as his own! He must have the fear of Lindsy in him... wish I could do that to him! :) Thanks for keeping him! I always know he's in good hands:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! GOOD HUBS!!! GOOD DOG!!! AND GOOD K!! (and no my caps lock isn't on, I am screaming this b/c I am truly impressed!) The flowers are beautiful and what an original and neat way to say "I love you" for 4 years. GO TIMMY!!!!!! Glad you guys got some "US" time to reflect on the past and the future...it helps put the wonderful life you have into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Lindsy, that is hilarious!! I miss ya'll so much! And Happy Anniversary and way to go Tim. So creative!

    ReplyDelete