Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Treacy!

Today is Treacy's Birthday and I got all domestic and made cupcakes for the team to celebrate her birthday. When I got ready to pack them up I thought I would call Susan to see what the pool regulations were on food prior to departing for our lesson tonight. She wasn't sure of the regulations in regards to food but she was certain of something else - Treacy wasn't coming tonight! What?!? So..homemade butter cream and all - oh well, my co-workers will be happy tomorrow. Happy Birthday Treacy. It's the thought that counts, right?

Swim was good tonight. We learned how to do open turns at the end of the lane to prepare us for ducking under lane-lines come time for our event. I was telling Ruth that its funny that the things you hope you will quit hearing as you get better - you keep hearing no matter what. If I hear "keep your head down....turn when you breath......keep your mouth open while your head is under water....." one more time I swear I will scream. Ugh! Tonight I heard I new one I fear I will be hearing a lot "slow down your kick - you are running under water, you are just supposed to soft-kick and keep yourself afloat - it's not for speed". Blah! Always so much work to do, but I am getting better every practice - really. If the event was tomorrow - I could do it. It may be not fast but I could do it and that is a BIG DEAL! So....now I just have to keep a clear mind while swimming and try to remember the 15 things Susan keeps on saying to me - keep your fingers crossed for me! Ha!

I have a HUGE positive thing to tell you all about: I have hit my fundraising goal! Can you believe it? I am so thoroughly pumped. Thanks for all your support. I am just pumped to be giving all this money to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Visit my website to see my running tally: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ky/CoxTri08/ltaylormus

No comments:

Post a Comment