Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why Not Tri?

This week has been a good one so far: busy, but good. As most of you know my little pumpkin Kennedy is with her grandmother this week so I have actually had some free-time which I am completely unfamiliar with. Janine and I went and checked out Shilito pool yesterday and it is much better than the place we have been swimming on the weekends when we have time. I would love to say we did a really hard work out yesterday but that would be a lie. We totally just scoped out the locale and soaked up the sun. It was awesome. Everyone needs a little R&R, right? Anyhow, when we are ready to swim outside of the UK pool, we know where to go!

Tonight is a group swim and I am glad to be getting back in the pool after a week off but a little nervous. The days are flying by which makes me realize how close my event is - it's a little nerve wracking. Thank goodness for good coaching because hopefully I will be more ready than I can even imagine right now.

My running buddy Courtney sent me an interesting article that I want to share. Most of you won't be interested in reading it but those of you who are intrested in doing a tri at one point and those of you who are working with me on training for this one will enjoy the read. Here is the link:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-260-9801-0,00.html

At the end of the article, there is a training calendar which really puts into perspective what goes into training for a tri. I am going to paste that too: http://www.runnersworld.com/images/triathlon-chart.html

As ususal - I should have an interesting post tomorrow following my swim. As I log off I am humming "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....etc."



No comments:

Post a Comment