Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boo!

I start this blog posting with the title boo because I deserve a boo unfortunately. I was so excited to have my little one back from her stay with grandmommy that I didn't run on Wednesday morning, I chose to snuggle with her in my bed instead. No biggee - I walked for about 55 minutes at a brisk pace so I figured I did something, right?

Then....it happened..a sleepless night returned to our house last night, its been a while since we had one - those blasted teeth! They are wretched little things when they make their first appearance. So, after being up from about 10-3 with a crying, inconsolable child I decided there was no way I was going to be able to get up this morning. I figured I might try if I got to sleep through until my usual wake up time but then I was awakened around 4:00 AM and again around 5:00 and I thought - "who am I kidding, I have a million things to do today and I will be a zombie if I wake up to run". I called Courtney and cancelled and apologized profusely as usual when I have to cancel. I felt like crap not only for cancelling but for missing a run too - sucky! Oh well I thought - I have swim tonight so at least I will get some calorie burn today. Well, that didn't work out as planned either. I had tons of errands to run, one of which had to happen because we needed food for our sweet girl. Because of a late nap, I didnt make it to Kroger until late and before you knew it it was 5:45 as I was on my way home and I had yet to eat or get things ready for the sitter tomorrow. In order to make my swim lesson at UK @ 6:30 I have to leave my house by 6:00. I had a car full of groceries, I needed to change, I needed dinner, aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhh! I hate being rushed! Forget it! I am not going! And so it went - no swim for me tonight. Now you know why I labeled it Boo. Boo on me!

I am hoping for a good run tomorrow, a good run on Saturday at the Arboretum and maybe a catch up swim for me at a city pool on Sunday - Lord knows I need it. Pray that my childs mouth stops hurting her so badly. We all need some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Awe, poor little baby! Those dumb teeth! She can come sleep with me :)

    You will get caught up no problem, I have faith in you!!!

    ReplyDelete