Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our trip to Cypress Gardens and prayer request







I am still really enjoying being at home and am already sad that Friday is rapidly approaching. Friday will be the day we leave here and I am not sure when I will get to come back. Angel and I took the girls to Cypress Gardens yesterday. It was a really fun trip. Our goal was to take pictures of the girls together in their pretty dresses and to walk the trails in the hopes of some good calorie burn. We accomplished both and more. We went through the Butterfly House, Alligator viewing area, and "Swamparium" and Kennedy loved the Shish = fish. Both girls enjoyed themselves immensely. We capped the night off with some good ole' cheap Mexican food. What could be better?

Unfortunately the night ended with some bad news. My grandmother had a follow up Dr.s visit yesterday and the family has just received news that her cancer is back with a vengeance and there is nothing they can do to help her. They gave her a life expectancy but honestly - life expectancy doesn't stand a chance against my grandmothers stubborn personality. She is a fighter and I can only hope that their guesstimations are wrong. I am thankful that we have remained close and that she knows all her great grandchildren and she knows that we love her. I have been struggling with the news though - I just can't imagine life without her. I can't imagine the city of Huntsville without her and most of all I can't imagine my grandaddy without her. She planned to sit down with him last night and tell him "the news". You couldn't have paid me ANY amount of money to make me sit in on that conversation. I just can't imagine because he has Alzehiemer's and he is completely and totally dependent on her at this point. He is the kind of man who eats lunch and then says "whats for dinner Mama?" My heart just hurts for them and for us and for the great grandchildren who will most likely never really and truly know her and her heart. Anyhow - this isn't to depress anyone. Please pray for her, pray for my Grandaddy and pray for my mom and her sister who will have their work cut out for them for the upcoming months. I know the Lord has a perfect plan but having never dealt with loss of a family member I just dread what it's going to be like and how we are going to handle it.

Tomorrow my Mom is off and we girls are going to spend some quality time together.










5 comments:

  1. Oh Linds--I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know that's got to be tough and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad you are with your family during this difficult time.

    On a different note--is it weird that I am seeing a little bit of Maddie in Anne Hensley?? (and does her name have an "e" at the end of it--oh gah, Angel will kill me!)

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Love the lil bugs.

    I am sorry to hear of your grandmother. Losing a loved one is never easy. We have a big God and He will comfort and strengthen you during this journey.

    I am so glad you this opportunity for family time. The girls look like they are enjoying themselves and I am sure you likewise. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your time and take care coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lindsy!! I'm so sorry to hear this. It doesn't ever matter the circumstances, news like that is NEVER easy to take, understand, or live with. I will be praying for you and your family. I'm so glad you got to have this week down there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Lindsy. I'm glad you can be there for such a difficult time.

    Kennedy is looking so old! Those pictures are so cute!!! I love their dresses and bows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your grandmother! And to think that I was with you Thursday night and didn't say anything to you. I'm sorry, I didn't know yet. I will pray for you and your family and grandmother. I know how you feel as I have lost all of my grandparents except for one.
    The pictures of the girls are too cute. I want to go back there. I went for a wedding when Adeline was like 4 months old so obviously she had no idea! It was great seeing you last week and I had a wonderful time and didn't expect the gifts. It was wonderful but more importantly I enjoyed seeing you! Miss you and can't wait for you to come back to Charleston!

    ReplyDelete