Friday, May 23, 2008

In the pool again..

Last night was my second time and our teams first time in the pool. I have to say I am amazed that I actually retained something from my horrific first pool experience. I only choked/sputtered/coughed about 3 times last night in the hour I was there: yay! Luckily, fellow flipper wearers joined me in my learning process last night which made it much easier. Now...there are a few folks on our team that know what they are doing and lets just say I wasn't sharing a lane with them. The rest of us have some work to do. I still haven't quite gotten used to the whole goggle/cap thing but I am guessing it will slowly grow on me. Anyhow...I am happy with my progress slow as it may be. Thank heavens Susan (our coach) is uber patient despite probably knowing she seriously has her work cut out for her for the next several months. Our mentors were there last night as well and were super encouraging and supportive throughout our lesson. Love Ruth's heart - she even brought me a tissue to blow my nose in. That is what I call support! I am feeling a little sore this morning but I am feeling much better than I did after my first lesson. That has to mean something, right? So, we will swim again next Tuesday and projects for this weekend include getting a pool pass, having my bike tuned up and buying a rack that will work on my non-tow package Cherokee. It should be a fun weekend. Janine and I may do an impromptu swim session this weekend too if we can get in a pool somewhere that isn't full of children. For those of you that don't know: Janine is my best bud and she is in the middle of a PT rotation for school in Ashland, KY. She is registered to be on our team but was unable to attend the first swim session because of the rotation. She is really looking forward to joining our team for all our events when she returns to Lexington. I miss you Janine!

1 comment:

  1. MISS YOU TOO! Can't wait to get this training thing going...and so looking forward to meeting the rest of my teammates! :) (geez- you are so technologically advanced. I am sure I am not even spelling stuff right!)

    ReplyDelete