Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The remainder of the random bits

There were some other pictures taken and some other big events from the weekend to share so without further ado:

Baby Eli stayed with us for a little while this weekend and Kennedy was so interested in sharing her toys. She thought he needed this train REAL close in order to "play with it".
Here she is copying me because I had been asking Eli to "talk to me" and so she was in his face asking him to talk to her - so sweet!
Such a big helper: she made sure to tell me 59.5 times that "Baby Eli - he needs hims milk". Yes, yes he does.

This picture is not from this past weekend but since I am doing a "spotlight on Eli" posting I figured I would throw this one in simply because it's so gosh darn cute. Look at that face.

The last big event of the weekend was the Lexington Half Marathon. It rained the ENTIRE race - I kid you not! Despite the sideways torrential rain, Billie, Court, Brett (not pictured) and I all had good races. One more half under my belt and I am pumped it was in Lexington. There were lots of things left to be desired organizationally regarding the race, but overall it was a fun event.

Kennedy and I are headed out tomorrow after I get off work to make a trip to see Chelsea. We are so excited. Despite my utter joy to finally be making this trip - my daughter may seriously have me beat. She's been talking about Chelsea since she got home from school. It's going to be so fun! We plan to visit, go to the zoo, go out to eat and just thoroughly enjoy each others company. *Added Bonus ~ we get to see Nana and Pawpaw on the way there and on the way back and I am thrilled! Plus - we get to spend Easter Sunday with them at their church and thats always precious time spent with them and I am just super happy to head out and start this mini-break.



2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures:) I love how K is mothering Eli! Too cute:) I hope you have a wonderful time this week/weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...what a great big sister she will someday be! And, is this a recent pic of Chels? B/c the hair is adorable and new-to-me...but I am a tad bit confused on the dates! Ha (pregnant brain)...

    ReplyDelete