Thursday, February 19, 2009

One of those days...rather two or three of them

Do you ever have days where you feel like you are just walking through the motions - checking things off your list and at the end of the day you feel like you have been working all day and have little to nothing to show for it? Hear me say that I am blessed to have two days off a week, however, my two days off are so filled with monotonous things (like laundry, grocery shopping, Dr.'s appointments, writing bills, balancing the checkbok, etc.) that they can get away from me and I realize I haven't used them as I intended. I want my days off to be digging into the word days, laughing and loving on my little girl days, and wishfully - resting/rejuvenating days. Unfortunatey, I often don't use my days off like I want and at the end of the day I am more tired than the day before and realizing it's back to the ole' grindstone tomorrow. Thank goodness we serve a faithful Father - one that has a song stuck in my head today and the song is as follows:
Matt Redman -
You Never Let GoFrom the album Passion 06: Everything Glorious
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this lifeI won’t turn backI know You are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?Whom then shall I fear?
Chorus:Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let goIn every high and every low
Oh no, You never let goLord, You never let go of me
And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troublesBut until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth
Chorus:
Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You
As most of you know, we have our house on the market. We showed it on Saturday and it showed twice on Wednesday. I am trusting God that whatever is supposed to happen with our house will happen, but boy it is a hard process. It's tough having your house "presentable" at all times when you have a toddler and 7 pets! Between showing the house and being knee deep in potty training mis-haps its just been a rough past couple of days. To top it all off my husband worked until 12 AM this morning and then left again at 5 AM so I haven't been able to run today and that is just not a healthy thing for me. I need my runs! He returns tomorrow and we have a relaxing week ahead of us thank goodness. Despite my frustrations and our packed schedules I just keep reminding myself that God knows our struggles and he can take it all on for us. I can relax and breathe easy becase he can handle whatever I can't. What a blessing and thank heavens for it. Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment