Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Forever Friends

After high school, I went to a community college for a year and then went to a little school called Tri-County Technical College near Clemson University in South Carolina. Two of the girls that I'm still good friends with today, I met in my Veterinary Technology program at Tri-County. One of those girls (Leslie) and I talk very sporadically but when we do we just pick right back up where we left off, often talking on top of each other but nonetheless always enjoying our conversations. We've both moved a number of times, but we've ALWAYS kept in touch and I'm so very thankful. I was so excited when I moved closer to home because I knew I would be able to see some of my dearest friends that I'd lived so far from for so long and Leslie most certainly is one of those friends. The night before my birthday Leslie came with her two kids and spent the night. It was go great to catch up and be relaxed and just do mommyhood together - you fellow Moms know of what I speak - it's just an ease and bond that can't be explained. I love her dearly and was thrilled to spend my birthday with she and her sweet children Brady and Brenn. The kids of course, did what they do - made fast friends and played hard.


I seriously don't think Kennedy either wants to admit or realizes she's growing up. She's always wanting to do what Avery does and or fit into what Avery fits in to - I keep telling her she's a big girl, but alas things like this still happen:
Okay y'all - both of Leslie's kids are precious and I enjoyed them both equally but it was my first time getting to meet Brenn and she is honestly one of THE.HAPPIEST.BABIES.EVER! As if her constant cooing and grinning and drooling uncontrollably due to the cooing and grinning wasn't enough to pull every heart string I have - she is simply adorable too and I just wanted to gobble her up. I decided to take some pictures of her and I may or may not have taken like 50 because I couldn't control myself. Here are some of my favorites:


Brady says: "Hey, what about me? I'm cute too" - oh yes, yes you are sweet boy!

laid back as if to say "alright, that's a wrap!"
Thanks for coming to visit us Leslie - I only wish we could have had more time to giggle and reminisce and talk about this new adventure we're on. I love you so very much and am so thankful we're still friends and I know we will be forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment