Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hello from Edisto Island

So far our beach vacation has been amazing. I love breaks like these except for the part where you realize it is going to come to an end. We left Lexington on Friday night and arrived in Atlanta around 1:30 AM on Saturday. The joys of long trips with a potty training toddler! Yikes. Thankfully we have a travel potty and praise Jesus for that or we would have been stopping every other exit (I am NOT over exaggerating either). I keep telling myself we are saving a ton on diapers so I should be thankful but oh how I wanted to scream "just go in your pull-up" (travel and night night panties as we like to call them) but I didn't.

Saturday was full of visiting with my Grandparents. It was so nice to see them and as some of you know my Grandmothers health is fading fast so every moment is more precious than the one before right now. They watched Kennedy play in my Aunt's pool and just ate her up.

We left Saturday after Kennedy's nap and got to Edisto around 7:30 or so. We watched Cinderella I, II, and III more times than I care to admit but we made it safely and Kennedy was extremely well behaved. Since we got here we have spent our mornings exercising (gotta beat the heat in the lowcountry), and going to the beach and then when the kiddo's go down for naps we pour adult beverages and play corn hole until the kids wake up and then they play in the pool until supper time. It's the best!

Tonight was our night to cook and I made spring shells - a Pioneer Woman pasta recipe and it was a big ole' hit around here. Everyone loved it! After supper Tim, Kennedy, Melissa, Steve and I went to the beach to get some pictures of Kennedy as well as some family pictures. I took them all on film so I don't have any of those to show you but I do have some other much anticipated pictures.........

Our car - I know, it's ridiculous. Notice the key potty spot to your left - essential!

The little area you see carved out in yellow is where the kid sits.



Oh....you thought that was all our stuff? Silly you!

The good thing is, we will be coming back with much less because we won't have all the groceries. I am glad I pre-purchased those too because our milk was $4/half gallon at the single Piggly Wiggly on the island. It's a 35 minute drive to the next closest grocery! That is what you call CRAZY!!!

Me and my grandparents


Kennedy does one of three things while we travel:

1. Sleeps - we love it when this happens because it is like the old days - peaceful trips in the car. Those are few and far between anymore.

2. Eats, better known as "nack" in Kennedy language = snack for most of us


3. Watches "Ceeyaya" which is Kennedy for Cinderella


She is having a big ole' time with Anne Hensley

I am having a blast watching her. She mostly just wants to swim but here is some rare time on the sand with Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the car!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of K in the car!! AND LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE you two in your swimmies. So cute. Good mommy for not making her potty in her pull-ups...I can only imagine how hard it is to stop every 5 minutes!! But that is such a big girl to tell you! :) It was good to talk to you tonight--unfortunately we were rained/lighteninged out of our run tonight so we did some turbo jam vid. It makes me miss you!! But I am so thankful to have a workout friend! (LOVE YOU)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having a great time! Sounds like tons of fun! Seriously though...you're car? Hilarious! You look GOOD in the pic with your grandparents! I can tell you've been working out:) Have a great rest of the week! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete