Tuesday, January 13, 2015

After

Now that I've completed the birth story of Micah, I thought I'd go ahead and blog about the "after" and share some more of Pranee's incredible photos.

After my "duties" were done, the midwives helped me into the shower while Tim got snuggle time with Micah. 






 This little man came out on a mission to eat! I had a little snack myself and then nursed him again. 
 I was so exhausted at this point. I mean, don't get me wrong: I was on that adrenaline I just had a baby high like all women get afterwards, but I was physically exhausted. Due to my being so tired I was kind of unaware of all going on around me but I think the midwives were taking notes and getting cleaned up as well as getting ready to examine both Micah and I. 

Once he was done nursing for round two (about 4:30) it was exam time for he and I both. Big boy weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs and 4 ozs. 





 I don't remember exactly all they did but I do remember it being incredibly thorough. I have 3 pages of little "baby records" to prove it :). Lots of people have asked me about vitamins,m vitamin K and eye ointment...he had none of the above. We planned to have him circumcised once he was 10 days old and we'd follow up with a pediatrician after (more to come on that later). 
Love this little naked hiney shot. 
After his exam the midwife got him all dressed and swaddled and I nursed him once more before we all called it a night...er...morning. Everyone was out and we were hitting the hay right around 5 AM. It was so surreal to place him in the bassinet and then go to sleep in my own bed. No nurses and medical technicians would be waking me up around the hour. No pediatricians and nurses coming in to take the baby for this test or that exam or anything. Just our little family and rest lay ahead. I use the term rest lightly: the girls entered our room about two hours later around 7 AM. What a surprise awaited them!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving these posts and the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete