Monday, March 23, 2015

Moments

I was just recently having a conversation with my sister in which I was saying that I thought I may take better pictures of her kids than I do my own. She, of course said she didn't agree but I think the jury may still be out. We did agree, however, that I do a good job capturing them in the moment. Moments of play, interaction or just plain doing what they do seem to intrigue me and delight me and I want to savor those moments for forever so I tend to get my camera out at such times. These pictures are from August and it makes me excited for summer. 

Times like these where without direction, Grey just wanted to be with Daddy and do what he does. 
 I mean, look at that sweet face looking up at his Daddy. So sweet. 




 Hot and sweaty but happy to have helped Daddy. 
 This girl loves all God's creatures. Furry, slimey, wriggly, jumpy...if it's alive - she's interested! 
 This little scene is just precious and typical. There's a lot of dress up goin' on in this house. I mean, like...A LOT! As in, most days Avery spends 99% of her day not in the clothes I picked out for her the night prior. Whatev..it makes her happy. It makes me happy too. These pictures make me smile. I mean, a board game in ball gowns with their Prince Charming. Yes, please! 




I love having a boy. He plays so much differently than the girls did. He does this almost daily. I'm not sure if it gives him a better angle or helps him envision the pretend scene more realistically or what but I adore it. He gets soooooo into his trains.  
 This picture just made me laugh because he caught me trying to catch him and Molly photo-bombed. 
 Although he plays differently than the girls, he's also done his fair share of observing them. Exhibit A:
 This was before Micah arrived so we were doing lots of "baby's coming soon" talking during our day. I'm not so sure he was ready to stop being the baby. 
 Grey has watched his big sisters so much and his closest playmate being Avery - he has begun to spend a great deal of his day in dress up attire too. I'm gonna keep it real even though Tim would likely rather I not. Grey does his fair share of wearing heels, purses and fairy wings. I mean, he's a product of his daily environment. What can I say? I don't get too wrapped around the axle about it but my husband is another story. So: for his birthday we asked for some more masculine dress up options. I wish I could say that he now always chooses those options and dresses up in them on the reg but that would be a lie. Homey still likes some sparkles and flair. It's a phase. He'll grow out of it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Here he is, shortly after getting his new duds trying them out with sister. 

 I feel confident in saying that if there was a true emergency these two fire men would be absolutely z-e-r-o help. They would be the cutest fireman/woman EVER though :)
Next up: another birthday. Kennedy's 7th! I will get caught up....eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment