Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A new pic and a funny story...

Don't you just love my new blog picture? I kind of wanted to have a "training-themed" picture but I just don't have a good one and the one I had most previously just didn't do my sweet Kennedy justice. I figured - why not post a picture that is about my life since this blog is not only about training - but life too, right?

A very talented friend took that picture and many more that are just as amazing - I just LOVE them! Thanks Jes! =)

Speaking of the "life" part of this blog I seriously have daily blogable stories/moments just from spending my days with Kennedy. She is just at the age where she is developing and talking and the newness of it all is just funny some days - the ways she says things - I feel certain I can't do it justice by blogging, but I am going to try:
So....last week we were playing in our backyard on our playset and for whatever reason my child is afraid (like - deathly afraid) of cobwebs. Because she is so afraid of them playing usually comes after Mommy has cleaned all the cobwebs off of the playset but Tim and I both have diligently been working on toughening her up if you will. She will actually preceed us by saying "don't be scaywed Keddedy" translation = don't be scared Kennedy. It's too cute....I digress. So...for whatever reason last week she had a temporary stroke of bravery and we were playing and she never mentioned cobwebs or cleaning or anything. She was even brave enough to go under the playset in the little house part which is normally totally out of the question - too scawey. So she is under part of the playset and she says "Mommy...whasat? to which I reply "what is what baby". "That" she says and points to it. OMword y'all - it was a
squirrel tail. Just a tail.....seriously! Her next question was "oh no, wheresquirrelgomommy?" That is one of those types of questions where you really need to think before answering. For example: I was inclined to say "well, our stupid tomcat killed a squirrel apparently and wasn't interested in the tail which he has conveniently and clearly left here as a way to communicate to us that we should be proud of his hunting prowess and skill at - SO NOT IMPRESSED! SO DISGUSTED!"


I calmy replied to her innocent little sweet and precious question with "honey, it appears as though a squirrel went to be with Jesus and accidentally forgot his tail behind - underneath your playset". She looked at me with her little baby blues and said "oh - squirrel forgot his tail". "Mmmmhmmmm - that's what happened. Mommy is going to put it away in case he comes back for it - ok?" "Ok Mommy". On she went about her brave playset playing. In the meantime, I grabbed two leaves and pinched the squirrel tail between them and gagged and tried not to vomit while I dumped it in the dumpster. You know…..all squirrels would know to look in the dumpster for their missing severed tail, right? Oh my goodness! It’s amazing the ways in which we think to cleverly explain things to our children? It’s crazy! I mean…of course I do honestly believe that the squirrel is with Jesus – don’t y’all? Ha!

And my mean old tough and gruff tomcat – he’ll go there too one day……

He looks real tough, huh? Yeah Right! Something about the pink nose makes the whole “tough” think kind of a laugh. He apparently is a good hunter though…….

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA Hilarious!!!! I couldn't have picked it up...and I couldn't have been the Brave Mommy to tell her that the rest of the squirrel went to heaven. Goood Mommy moment! I would have probably gagged there, then screamed, and my child would forever be scarred! P.s. LOOOOOVVVVEEE The new pic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahhahahaha I LOVE This story...sweet little Kennedy. You need record more of her talking! You did make me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm gagging right now thinking about you picking that tail up! I'm pretty sure I would have told her "icky. lets go back inside till daddy gets home." LOL. You're a better woman than me! And I like the story you told her too. How cute.

    The pic Jes took is soo pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS! Lindsy I was LOL at your story but like Abby... kinda getting the heebie jeebies at you having to pick that tail up - BLECH!

    Gotta love Kennedy's innocence! Great story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete