Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What day is it again?

You know you have officially gone over the edge into "Mommy-hood" when you can't even recall what day it is. Having off work yesterday totally has me off kilter and I kept thinking it was Monday all day today. Craziness!

To report on my swim Sunday as promised - it was a doozie. I was nervous about the workout and I should have been because it was killer. I am proud to say I only cut 400 meters out of the 2300 meter workout. I felt great about finishing the majority of it. What I didn't feel so great about was the fact that a dead mouse was pulled out of my neighboring lane about 1/2 way through my swim - YUCK! Supposedly it happens all the time - chalk it up on the list of things I wish I never knew.

Monday I took a much needed break from training and Tim and I did a ton of stuff around the house to prepare for our little ladybugs first birthday party this coming Saturday. I can't believe she is almost one.

Tonight we were back at the UK Lancaster Aquatic Center...affectionately referred to as "my sanctuary". They made some much needed improvements to the center since we were last there and the pool was so super clean. No chlorine smell leftover tonight: yay! The workout she had planned for us was actually more planned for her masters swimmers and so Janine and I did what we could and had a good swim. It is hard to be back at short course (25 m) versus the 50 m length we have been swimming outdoors. The silver lining to swimming that 25 m course is that they won't be pulling any dead mice out of our lanes! ha! We practiced crossing under the lane lines like we will be asked to do at our upcoming events. I think I am starting to get the hang of that but we'll see when I actually do it during our practice tri this weekend in Bowling Green.

Tomorrow night is mine and Janine's fundraiser at Zaxby's. If you are in the area, please eat at Zaxby's between 6-9 PM because 10% of all earnings will be donated directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We hope to see you there.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment